View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

Eh. They should've gone with the Titan idea. Frakes looks noteably older now, so it's kind of a strange disconnect to see him in a TNG uniform.

Why not show us Archer's speech?

The lamest part must be Trip's death. That was just handled awfully and contrived as heck, as if they needed to do SOMETHING. As I said in the other thread: Keep the baby and send TNT off as couple. May smack of Voyager, true, but atleast there'd be *some* character development.

The whole thing felt strangely unaffecting. I was grinning from cheek to cheek when Voyager deployed the ablative armor, but TATV just didn't feel so monumental. They even managed to suck the life out of what could be the most pivotal scene in Trek history (Archer's Federation speech) by not really showing any of it.

I'm not sure if I can sustain the same level of venom towards B&B as others do, but let me put it this way: If they do a new series, I want Coto. He's not perfect, but that was an awesome first Trek season for him as showrunner. Too bad they killed it, but hey. I just hope he's still there when Paramount gets off their asses and does the next Trek series...

Gatac
- d02 Quotes