Thread: April 3
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 04:16 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
The film was almost immediately followed by a television series that continued the storyline, and after the show was cancelled a new one ran in 1980.
The march of technology has not been kind to the series. When the Space network here in Canada ran it, they advertised it with the tagline "Who thought the future would look so much like the 70s?" It had none of the gritty drama that the new series features, but was overflowing with the campy cheese that infested so many television productions in the 70s.

Before Marc fived The Gun On Ice Planet Zero (that title alone should give you some idea what the series was like), I used to refer to Five Minute Battlestar Galactica as the last-ditch scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel never-ever-gonna-be-fived-as-long-as-there's-something-else...I've forgotten what I was talking about.

Anyway, I think that something like Earth: Above and Beyond is going to now be the mythical Last Fiver.