View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 03:08 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]^Heheheheh. :smile:

I have come across a link to what must be the six-shooter of all twisting translators .

So I have finally turned my attention to that recent smash hit, "All Good Things..."; highlights follow.

[quoteost_uid0]Picard: Computer, what day is it?
Computer: The first day of the rest of your life.
Picard: GRRRRR....
Troi: It's Stardate 47988, Captain.
Picard: Thank you, Counsellor. At last your genius for stating the obvious has come in useful.[/quoteost_uid0]
becomes
[quoteost_uid0]Picardy: It is the calculation, the day it?
Calculation: The first day of the rest of its life.
Picardy: GRRRRR....
Troi: IT IS GIVEN 47988, [bost_uid0]Capitaine of the star.[/bost_uid0]
Picardy: Thankses, councilman. [bost_uid0]Finally its genius came, to the obvious one to indicate in the profit.[/bost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]

And
[quoteost_uid0]Future La Forge: Hi, non-Captain! How's the vineyard?
Picard: Geordi, your VISOR! What happened to it?
Future La Forge: That little girl finally wanted her barrette back, remember?
Picard: Yes... yes, of course. It's all coming back now. I'm readjusting to this time --[/quoteost_uid0]
becomes, after French and German, the hilariously incomprehensible
[quoteost_uid0]Future [bost_uid0]millmill mill of[/bost_uid0]: Hello, NichtKapitaen! how go the vine?
Picardy: Geordi, your [bost_uid0]avoidance sun! What arrived in it?[/bost_uid0]
Future millmill mill of: [bost_uid0]Did this small girl wish it back the staff[/bost_uid0], finally remembers?
Picardy: ..., naturally. It decreases/goes back now. I adjust this time after --[/quoteost_uid0]
"LaForge" -> "millmill mill". I don't think I need to say any more than that. :lol:^googol
But after he becomes the "Rolling-mill of the millmill of", it gets even sillier:
[quoteost_uid0]future [bost_uid0]Balance-mill of millmill of[/bost_uid0]: Hello, NichtKapitaen! how goes the screw?
Picardy: Geordi, [bost_uid0]its sun to come up! That thing arrived inside?[/bost_uid0]
future Balance-mill of millmill of: This small girl has augured behind the team of employees, remembers finally of?
Picardy: ..., of course. [bost_uid0]Sustenations[/bost_uid0] of the hour of Decreases/goes. Registry after this time --[/quoteost_uid0]

My favorite of the translations of this passage
[quoteost_uid0]Picard: Ah yes. My apologies; I've not yet mastered the difference between my manly girl and my girly man.
Past Worf: That is entirely understandaHEYYY![/quoteost_uid0]
is probably this one:
[quoteost_uid0]Picardy: Ampèreheure. My excuses; I come however directed the difference my son who does not turn them and extracts girly inside the man here.
After Worf: He is understandaHEYYY finishes![/quoteost_uid0]
[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs