View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 12:57 AM
You just activated his Trek card

PICARD: Mister Crusher, put us into close orbit. Mister Data, scan. My apologies, Mister Worf.

Again, nice moment.

FAJO: It's not just lethal. It's vicious. It tears a body apart, inside out, and very slowly too by your phaser standards. It's tortuous. A very, very painful death. I've always wanted to try this.

These Faron-T disruptors had tremendous potential, I'm sad they never appeared again. Well, the prop appeared in "Starship Mine", but I doubt it was meant to be a Faron-T disruptor.

COMPUTER: Accessing file Kivas Fajo. A Zibalian trader of the Stacius trade guild, educated on Iraaten Five. A noted collector of rare and valuable objects including the Rejac Crystal, the Starry Night by Van Gogh, the Lawmim Galactopedia, the Moliam Andi tapestries...

You'd think Picard would've looked this up before they met him in the first place. The Rejac Crystal is obviously a reference to "Wolf in the Fold". The Starry Night is currently in New York's Museum of Modern Art. I doubt they'd sell it any more than the Louve would sell the Mona Lisa. The other two only appear here.

WESLEY: The Jovis has a maximum speed of warp three. He's had twenty three hours so we can define a perimeter of point one oh two light years as his possible distance.

Using the most traditional TNG equation Warp Three is 38.9c, so 23 hours is 37.3 light-years. 0.102 light-years in 23 hours is 0.1064c, half-impulse! Heaven forbid they actually consult the available charts and say "thirty-five light years"!

Furthermore, 0.102 light-years is 965 million kilometers, about the distance from the Sun to Jupiter. The Enterprise should be able to find it with its own sensors!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.