View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijdgaf View Post
I'm with Zeke. Liscenced games are almost always pretty terrible. There are a few exceptions, of course -- Goldeneye64 played a tremendous role in shaping all console FPS games to come. But that is a rare example.

If the reviews are outstanding, I might get it. But if you want a good "tactical assault" game on DS, I think StarFox would certainly be your better choice.

I own both portable systems. I'll keep an eye on the reviews, but there are almost certainly a dozen games I'd rather have for either.
I'd have to agree about licenced games. But Star Trek (And Buffy) games have their own special rules with me; I'm a bit to much of a fan. It's the same as the TV shows, as some friends pointed out to me. I'm happy to watch anything - film 45 minutes of static and call it Star Trek; I'd still give probley it 6 out of 10.
There's not too many Star Trek games, even less on the Consoles ands less still ones that let you control the star ships (Which I really enjoy). So I pretty much give blessing for anything that comes along!
The Voyager game I felt was rather good, it had problems yes, but nicely done. Except the end I think. I can't recall any Voyager episodes where Janeway takes half the crew to a station to do battle with a alien overlord and phasers him into nothing.... Not really the Starfleet way, eh?
But I'd probley go for Bridge Commander as my fav. It's a little thin and slow, but dones a good job of making you feel you're on a ship.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Burt; 10-16-2006 at 12:19 AM.