View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt
Default Star Trek Gaming

In a bid to stop the bots being the only ones posting on the site...

I am very excited.
There is a new Star Trek game due out, any second now, called 'Star Trek: Tactical Assault'. It's released on two platforms, the DS and the PSP. The PSP has some fantastic graphics, while the DS has the whole Touch-screen way of playing. Personally I'm plumping for the DS. The game seems to be set in Kirks era, i.e. Original series ships. There are two main stories to play. The first is the Starfleet campaign which is set in 2284 (before The Wrath of Khan) while the other story is a Klingon one, set after the Khitomer Massacre of 2346. The game also has the whole 'pick a ship and death match with other ships for no reason' bit too, also playable over WIFI! Although the release date seems to be later this month of many sites, it seems to have come out already, at least in the USA. Europe players need to import it.
There are a few other trek games due out soon too. Star Trek: Encounters, is an arcade style shoot-em-up game, and takes ships and characters from all 5 Star Trek series, and looks rather fun, if not too deep. It's on the PS2 due out this month.
But the big gun is Star Trek: Legacy. A sort of Bridge Commander meets dominion wars type game due out on the Xbox 360 and PC (Though I'm guessing you'll need a super computer to run it). It looks really rather amazing and will be the first video game to feature the voice talents of the five starring captains from all five series - nice idea methinks. It's set in 3 different eras. Enterprise time, TOS, and the Next Gen which includes DS9 and Voyager. The story seemed to be about the Iconians from "Contagion"(TNG). The Borg assimilate the Iconian technology and it requires every captain from every era together to defeat the 'Iconian-Borg abomination'. But it seems the story has been rewritten to be cleverer and tie ever era together. Seems to be out next month.

Of course, I'm still waiting for the 'Holy Grail' Star trek gaming......Star Trek Online.....

Ciao
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Burt; 10-12-2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Some mistakes