View Single Post
Old 08-25-2003, 07:35 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]This scene from SCMoll's "The Five Doctors" was too good to pass up.

[quoteost_uid0]Second Doctor: Hello, Brigadier! How are you doing?
Brigadier: Fine until you showed up.
Second Doctor: Never mind that, look! A big CGI-whirly cone thingy! Run!
Brigadier: These are updated special effects, right?
Second Doctor: Yes, why? We didn't have CGI in the Seventies. We're in the Special Edition!
Brigadier: Because if that's the updated special effect, I shudder to imagine the look of the original.[/quoteost_uid0]

After "translating" to Spanish and back:
[quoteost_uid0]Second Doctor: Hello, Brigadier general! How you are doing?
Brigadier general: Fine until you demonstrated for above.
[bost_uid0]Second Doctor: He never matters of that, watch! A great cone of CGI-whirly thingy! Operation![/bost_uid0]
Brigadier general: These are updated special effects, the right?
Second Doctor: Yes, why? We did not have cgi in years 70. We are in the special edition!
Brigadier general: Because if that one is the updated special effect, estremezo to imagine the glance to me of the original one.[/quoteost_uid0]

Or, after passing through German and French:
[quoteost_uid0]Second doctor: Hallo, Sergeant! How do you make?
Sergeant: Amend, until you represent in top.
Second doctor: [bost_uid0]If you never worry about that, to look at! Large CGI-whirly cone thingy![/bost_uid0] Race!
Sergeant: Those are updated special effects, right?
Second doctor: why? We did not have cgi in the seventy. [bost_uid0]We are in the non-recurring expense![/bost_uid0]
Sergeant: Because, if the updated special effect is, me shudder, to present the view of the presentation.[/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs