Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 07:00 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Today's Link Thread post is in honor of Fred Astaire.

First, some quotes from the comment thread for the "The Way You Look Tonight" link below:

"Fred Astaire is the best singer of songs the movie world ever knew. His phrasing has individual sophistication that is utterly charming. Presumably the runner-up would be Bing Crosby, a wonderful fellow, though he doesn't have the unstressed elegance of Astaire." --- Oscar Levant

Question: What great singers of the past do you wish had sung your music? Stephen Sondheim: Nobody really. Well, actually, Fred Astaire.

"As a dancer he stands alone, and no singer knows his way around a song like Fred Astaire." --- Irving Berlin

"He has a remarkable ear for intonation, a great sense of rhythm and what is most important, he has great style - style in my way of thinking is a matter of delivery, phrasing, pace, emphasis, and most of all presence." --- Bing Crosby

"Astaire can't do anything badly." --- Jerome Kern

The Way You Look Tonight
Top Hat, White Tie, and Tails
Isn't This a Lovely Day to Be Caught in the Rain
Let's Call the Whole Thing Off
They Can't Take That Away From Me
Nice Work if You Can Get It
We're A Couple of Swells
A Couple of Song and Dance Men

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.

Last edited by Nate the Great; 12-16-2018 at 10:36 PM.