Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 02:34 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Virtual Tour of the E-D

It's an impressive CG model, it's a shame that there are so many errors in it.

The shuttlebay is way too big. Way way WAY too big. There are shuttles all over the place parked without rhyme or reason. You'd think there'd be a "parking lot" for all the workbees, one for all the shuttlepods, one for all the runabouts, etc.

The runabout is completely powered down, we've never seen nacelles completely darkened, that would indicate no warp plasma flow at all. It would take time to get the ship up and running again, so it's a bad idea to have such a ship parked next to the doors.

No OSHA compliance on the "starboard elevator". (Elevator? Since when do we use that term on starships?) Furthermore, the top of the shaft looks like it should have a turbolift passthrough, but of course there is no such thing. Cargo is transferred with transporters and shuttlecraft, not turbolifts.

The three light bars for the transporter light up for the beaming process and then go dark again, they don't stay lit until something beams back. That's just silly.

While I can accept a lounge for people who want to watch the shuttles go in and out, I can't accept a full bar in it. There would just be a replicator.

Ten Forward seems a bit too small.

Pushing the Enterprise models out to the hallway seems weird, but at least it gave us the chance to give the XCV 330 (the ringship) some love. Even if it also had to have the NX-01 in there as well, grrr....

The Demolition Man three seashells was a cute gag, even if I only got it because of Spoony's review...

It's always nice to see the Kurlan naiskos, but why didn't we see Livingston's fishtank?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.