View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Infinitely prolonged

Well, I’m glad everyone seems to like it. (I’m talking about my Cliffhangers episode, in case anyone has forgotten).
Speaking of that, if anyone happens across this thread who doesn't know about Cliffhangers, you can find the real episodes at http://www.fiveminute.net/features/. Hopefully that will explain some things.
Quote:
Quote:
IJD: Marc! You have hair, your clothes are different, and you seem to have changed your name again!
And you're a foot taller and twenty years younger and your eyes have changed colour.
Yeah, you’d think he’d notice things like that. But you have to recall that he was hanging from a rope at that point. It must have been hard for him to see at that angle.
Quote:
That was exceedingly funny -- aside from the gaping plot hole, that is. I do speak Latin.
Next time on Cliffhangers…
Zeke notices a plot hole.
IJD: I don’t know what you’re talking about, Zeke. I don’t see any plot hoAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa
Zeke: Alas. Sic transit IJD.
(Pause)
Scooter: Can I have his subsite?
Quote:
...No, seriously, it was good. Don't stop.
Actually, that’s all I had planned on writing of this adventure. Maybe I'll continue if I get some more ideas. In the mean time, if anyone else wants to continue Cliffhangers, they’re more than welcome to, as far as I’m concerned. I would just ask that:
  1. You state your intentions before writing. We wouldn’t want two people simultaneously working on different versions of the same episode.
  2. You remember that the setting of Cliffhangers is mid-to-late 2005. Don’t have the characters talking about what happened ‘back in Minutemen’ for example.
  3. You stay nice. A bit of teasing within a panel discussion like this is acceptable; expected, even. Just remember that most of the characters are based on real people, with real feelings.
It’s not that I anticipate anyone hurting anyone else’s feelings in writing an episode of Cliffhangers, but I think it would be best to make sure of the rules before starting.

Of course, if the conversation continues on its current path, we’d have to start a new thread for any future episodes. Not that I dislike talk about Latin, mind…

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>

Last edited by Tate; 08-18-2006 at 06:55 PM.