View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Perhaps you're right. I can't think of any circumstances where killing someone would be the logical solution, barring Saddam Hussein and the First Gulf War, that is. But I thought we had come to some sort of conclusion on this - as I drew up on the last page....sigh...
EDIT: just read last page. I'm in total agreement with Wowbagger and anothertrekprof. Oh, and yes, Zeke, that was a 1066 reference, and so is this (concerning the end of the first world war):
"PEACE TO END PEACE
Though there were several battles in the War, none were so terrible as the Peace which was signed in the ever-memorable Chamber of Horrors at Versailles, and which was caused by the only memorable American statesman, President Wilson and Col. White House, who insisted on a lot of points, including
1. that England should be allowed to pay for the War: this was a Good Thing because it strengthened British (and even American) credit;
2. that the world should be made safe for democracy, i.e. anyone except pillion-riders, pedestrians, foreigners, Jews, riffs, R.A.F.S., gun-men, policemen, peasants, pheasants, Chinese, etc.;
3. that there should be a great many more countries: this was a Bad Thing as it was the cause of increased geography;
4. teh Freedom of the Seas: this was a Good Thing as it did not apply to Britain or America (or Switzerland);
5. that the Kaiser should be hanged: this was a Good Thing as it was abandoned, together with Mr. Lloyd George, the Irish Question, etc.

CHAPTER LXII
A BAD THING
AMERICA was thus clearly top nation, and history came to a ."

Note: This book was written in 1930, and was designed as a satirical look at history through the eyes of a slightly tipsy and stupid english ex-public-schoolboy - totally biased, and often completely wrong, but amusing, nonetheless. It is a complete farce, and definitely should be bought repeatedly by anyone looking for christmas presents. Try second-hand bookshops. by W.C. Sellar and R.J. Yeatman.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!