View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

You say you wouldn't press your beliefs on someone, Vedra, but your arguments are worryingly one-sided and biased IMO...Leaving the subject of abortion for JUST a moment - as regards your sig, Vedra, the whole POINT of the message of Christ was that we AREN'T all obsessivly chaste monks, that we DO make mistakes, and that you should ask forgiveness and try to be better, and if you fail, ask forgiveness and try again. Oh, and forcing your opinions, calling someone's point of belief "the world's biggest imaginary friend" comes pretty close, and in any case is damned offensive.
If we take your argument to it's extremes (as the well-known atheist Douglas Adams did - indeed, I quote his example...), we get the Adamsian example "I believe that the moon is made of rock, but I must equally respect your belief that it is cheese." While we can't debate this on the subject of God (its very hard to prove or disprove the existence of God, so please don't try and force your opinion on others), if we take another example: Is murder right? Answer by the sane population of the world: Of course not!
So why is it allowable to kill someone just because they are in their mother's womb. If a woman killed her child she would be in deep horseshit, but at 24 weeks, a foetus is fully damn formed! And yet they can be killed! Indeed, in the US, a child can be killed when half out of the womb, at which point it will have started to breathe!
Also, children with as little as a cleft pallette can be terminated just because of that up until when they are about to be born! If the mother's life is in danger, fine - I have no problem with that. But many terminations are just laziness on people's part. Oh, and abortion is apparently very harrowing both mentally and physically for a mother.
Better sex ed - that is what we need.
Oh, and I am not at all against contraception.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!