Thread: January 15
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 10:43 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

I've never actually read Brave New World. (It's on my list of Important Things to Read Sometime, like Romeo and Juliet.) I have read Fahrenheit 451, and while I enjoyed Equilibrium, I think the similarities were so overwhelming that they might as well just have called it a new film adaptation of Bradbury's book. After all, how many movies have there been that kept the original title and changed far more than this? (The latest War of the Worlds is a good example -- of both this phenomenon and the fact that the resulting movie can still be great.)

Gatac disagrees, though, and I respect that. I'm often in his position, defending things like Voyager episodes even when they appear -- or heck, just are -- derivative.

By the way, pursuant to the remark at the top of this thread, I've added descriptions to all the news threads on the first page. Should make this forum easier to navigate.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction