View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 01:26 AM
You just activated his Trek card

The season is almost over for recaps, but I would like to start another, more informal, review series for the rest of the summer. Babylon 5 isn't in the cards right now, I'd have to actually watch the episodes instead of working off transcripts. We'd have to stick to Trek.

PNQ: Opinions on the following scenarios? Preferences?

1. Add a subplot to every episode of TOS to add focus to the non Kirk/Spock characters.

2. Find a way for Tasha to contribute to each episode of TNG as though she never died. Assume that "Yesterday's Enterprise" never happened and all Sela episodes are instead Tomalak episodes, making the appropriate changes. Worf remains a general bridge officer, assisting Tasha, Data, or Riker as appropriate.

3. Rewrite Voyager episodes with the intent to remove the Janeway/Seven/Doctor focus (making Janeway actually sane and competent, of course) and dealing with the Maquis conflict where appropriate.
4. A more basic form of 3. Toss out all Borg episodes of Voyager and replace Seven with Kes. What would've happened had she stayed? Would she still have chosen to have a child with Neelix? What other telepathic abilities would she be able to unlock and use for the crisis of the week? Would there have been a love triangle with Tom and Torres?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.