View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 11:13 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]This whole situation makes me think of two things, the latest TJI and Japanese Anime.

TJI because of[quoteost_uid0]Instead of answering such important questions, [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] is making the viewers think about them.[/quoteost_uid0]
and Anime because from my (very limited) experience with it, it doesn't answer a lot of questions either.

[quoteost_uid0]"well, he *might* have used the Oracle's power," but you certaintly have no sign in the film that he *did.*[/quoteost_uid0]
It depends how strong your sign has to be. First, it was pretty clear that it was indeed the Oracle, or her version of Smith, or whatever you want to call it. And do you see any other reason why he would have taken her in the first place?

[quoteost_uid0]It *feels* like Neo dies fighting Smith; saying the machines stabbed him in the back requires actual stressing of such an event.[/quoteost_uid0]
I have to admit this one was a little far-fetched. I think I was comparing them with the Borg; Neo has fulfilled his purpose, so the Machines don't need him anymore. That's probably nonsense, because they called back their army too. They didn't *have* to do that.
Then again, they wouldn't necessarily have stabbed him in the back. Say he did die, but being the one, he could have come back. He did that before. But then the Machines disconnected him because he was dead, no use keeping him connected then.

I'll do your job for you this time and point out this is just a theory, but it's all I can give you.

[quoteost_uid0]Neo suddenly deciding, "My god, I need to go somewhere insanely dangerous and get myself killed," on the other hand, makes no sense whatsoever. It's heavy-handed plot-forcing and nothing more.[/quoteost_uid0]
As far as I understood, he had some kind of 'feeling', like the dream in Reloaded, but non-visual. This one got me a little confused. If they wanted a motive for it, they could easily have the Oracle say that. Instead, they pointed out she didn't.
[quoteost_uid0]"What is the Matrix?", "Who are these guys chasing me?", "What's going on in the real world?", and "Is Neo the One?" are mysteries - they're presented as something that at the beginning we don't know, and lo and behold, as the movie goes on, we find out. That's what a mystery movie is *about.*

Simply saying "we won't explain to you what the h*** is going on, neener neener neener" does not qualify.[/quoteost_uid0]
Then what would you call most [iost_uid0]X-files[/iost_uid0] episodes? They don't always answer everything. Or do they? It's been too long...

On a side note:
[quoteost_uid0]I'm reminded of one of R.A. Salvatore's Drizzt books, where one character proudly announces that he's discovered a wonderful spell, "Create Plot Device."[/quoteost_uid0]
Is that something negative on [iost_uid0]Drizzt[/iost_uid0]? I'm impressed.[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.