View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I thought [iost_uid0]Revolutions[/iost_uid0] was a heck of a lot better than [iost_uid0]Reloaded[/iost_uid0]... it did a much better job of storytelling, with a lot of very dramatic (if fairly cliche) scenes. [iost_uid0]Reloaded[/iost_uid0] was just a lot of action... [iost_uid0]Revolutions[/iost_uid0] was a bit more than that.

A bit.

On the other hand, the real feeling was that here was a really epic plot, except that nobody bothered to take a look at any of the actual details. Half of the movie makes no sense whatoever. Neo gets new superpowers! Why? Nobody knows! But they're really cool! "They're from the Source," says the Oracle. "Oh, OK, then, whatever that means," goes Neo. "It's not as if we ever figured out what it was last movie or anything, so I guess we can blame anything on it." "Like chronoton radiation!"

And the ending with Smith... well, the battle was really cool, and the snatches of dialogue were building up to something. Then Smith gets Neo, and dies. Why? Ummm... Hey, look! All the other Smiths are blowing up too! Isn't that neat, fans? What do you mean, [iost_uid0]why?[/iost_uid0] Stop asking that, goddamnit!

There was just a [iost_uid0]lot[/iost_uid0] in this movie that was offered with no explanation or reason. Not in the "oooh, isn't this mysterious - I wonder what's going on" sense. Rather, with no sense at all. I left it with the feeling that I had no idea what was going on - and neither did the good Brothers W.

I'd hoped for better. Really I did.

And let the records show I'm submitting this FBC block ahead of time:

[quoteost_uid0]
[bost_uid0]Neo and Smith:[/bost_uid0] Bam! Pow! Whack!
[bost_uid0]CGI and SFX:[/bost_uid0] Just... (pant) a few... (wheeze) more...
(pant) minutes...
[bost_uid0]Smith:[/bost_uid0] Ahahaha, Mister Anderson! I have won! Mister Anderson, Mister Anderson MisterAndersonAndersonAnderson!
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Would you just say a few weird nonsensical things, so that we can attribute the ridiculous finale in another
moment to the Oracle.
[bost_uid0]Smith:[/bost_uid0] Sure, why not?
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Oh, speaking of the Oracle, I choose not to stop fighting 'till the bitter-- GAK!
[bost_uid0]Smith:[/bost_uid0] GAK!
[bost_uid0]All The Other Smiths:[/bost_uid0] GAK!
[bost_uid0]Oracle:[/bost_uid0] Watch me smile enigmatically, as if that just made
any sense whatsoever.[/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis