Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 06:26 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

If it works like Zelda 2, you can save with Up+A on controller 2. There are quite a few games in which that works; it was sort of an open secret. The original NES came with two controllers, so you didn't even need to switch ports. (The GBA port of Zelda 2 transfers this trick to Up+Select.)

Anyone who knows my gaming habits will have no trouble predicting which side I'm on here. The original Zelda is an incredible game, especially for its day. Like the original Metroid, it's a NES game I'll never get tired of. But Mario just doesn't grab me -- never has. I can appreciate the games' reputation, but I just don't enjoy them much myself. Hoshi's difficulties were based on my own.

However, I would give the "best NES game" title to neither Mario nor Zelda. It's not an easy call -- Metroid and Castlevania are strong contenders too -- but the winner for me is Mega Man 3.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction