Thread: Major Question
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Infinitely prolonged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
A guy I went to undergrad with has a B.Sc. in math. He works at Starbucks.
As what, an analyst?

But that does seem to confirm what I've heard, that an undegraduate degree in math isn't worth very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa'ar Chasm
Incidentally, if you're at all considering grad school, go for the PhD or don't go at all. The Master's is nigh-well useless
Spoken from painful experience, I presume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great
I suppose my only advice is to take a few courses not related to your major and try to get a part-time job that has nothing to do with your major, if you choose to work on campus.
Good advice, I suppose. My college career should be about more than just my major. I can get a better education, and better preparation for a job, if I don't focus all my energy on a single subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
I like cheese
Me too.

While we're on the topic of cheese, er college, I might as well ask if anyone knows a good college they can reccommend, particularly in northern California. I realize this is a long shot, as I can't think of anyone here (except for IJD, who's a relative newcomer) who lives around here, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>