View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 01:07 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default December 17: 5MV

Shigeru Miyamoto, creator of Mario, once said "A late game can eventually be good, but a bad game is bad forever." I've always had the same philosophy with this site -- I'd rather take ridiculous amounts of time than settle for lousy results.

But darn it, today's my birthday, and for once I'm giving myself a break. Here are two things I've been waiting for a big event to unveil.

First is our new Facebook page. Because why not? It's pretty plain right now, but all the updates will be posted there and maybe other little stuff too.

Second... oh man. You're gonna love this.

You can call the site 5MV again.

See, a few months ago I had a revelation. I've never been happy with "5M.net", but I couldn't think of a better option. I joked in the T100 list about buying a Venezuelan domain (and there's now a top-level .voyage domain, which would be even better), but all the Vs are either geographically restricted or too expensive.

And then it hit me. I don't have to change the name or address of the site to change the abbreviation for it! I live in a world where SAT doesn't officially stand for anything and SHIELD keeps changing what it stands for and RWBY is pronounced "ruby"! I can have a site called FiveMinute.net and abbreviate it 5MV if I want! Am I sultan or am I sultan?

A kind of peace came upon me with this decision. I feel really good about it. In fact, I've already been calling the site 5MV again at the forums, in PMs, and such. It rolls right off the fingers just like it used to.

The time has come to share this peace with you. FiveMinute.net is officially 5MV for short.

But make no mistake: it's 5MV, not FMV. I will hunt you down.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction