View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I really, really dislike the alternate timeline theory, namely because:

- this is Star Trek, and

- this is a prequel.

If you're going to do a prequel, make one. Don't reset the franchize, alter the timeline slightly, or anything like that. So far, none of the continuity issues have been so irreconciliable that I feel it has to be an alternate universe. I'm much more fond of [iost_uid0]First Contact[/iost_uid0] creating a predestination paradox, meaning the lives lost in that episode would have been lost no matter what. And the temporal cold war should not be altering the past either. I hope at the end of the series, we'll get a sense that TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY will all unfurl as we saw they did.

Now, if they use a reset button to do this (which I despise even more than the AU idea), I'll have to go on a berserker rage and kill special ops soldiers with my adamantium claws.

:::reminisces over [iost_uid0]X2[/iost_uid0] again, and all is well:::[/colorost_uid0]

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!