View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 12:27 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Wonko The Sane"]It is unlikely that they have been travelling in a straight line from Earth. Instead, I imagine they used the Vulcan star charts to pick points of interest, and then plot a rough itenerary of when they would visit those points. Their track would resemble more of a zigzag.

Also, the Enterprise was not travelling at warp 3 for the whole journey, unlike the Borg transport.[/quoteost_uid0]
Naturally, but still don't you think they'd be a little farther than a few days' journey from Earth by now?

Something I noticed on TrekToday caught my attention (I avoided spoilers, then went back and read articles after having seen the ep):

[quoteost_uid0]Enterprise consulting producer David A. Goodman told visitors to the Trek BBS that they don't need to worry about the Borg's introduction into the show. "Everything you're worried about, regarding the Borg and Enterprise, [iost_uid0]will not happen[/iost_uid0]," he wrote. "This episode doesn't violate continuity. In fact... it [iost_uid0]serves[/iost_uid0] it.[/quoteost_uid0]

I see two possibilities from this. One, derived from "will not happen," is that there is something we don't know -- such as this being an entirely alternate timeline that will ultimately be erased. Two, the producers are not as intelligent as I'm giving them credit for, and they are ignoring the events of "Q Who?" in favor of the events of [iost_uid0]First Contact[/iost_uid0]. A stupid move, in my opinion, as the two can be reconciled without a lot of difficulty.[/colorost_uid0]