View Single Post
Old 05-08-2003, 06:47 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Kira"]Hasn't Enterprise been travelling away from Earth, more or less, for almost two years? Even with the Borg modifications they couldn't go near that far, that fast.[/quoteost_uid0]
It is unlikely that they have been travelling in a straight line from Earth. Instead, I imagine they used the Vulcan star charts to pick points of interest, and then plot a rough itenerary of when they would visit those points. Their track would resemble more of a zigzag.

Also, the Enterprise was not travelling at warp 3 for the whole journey, unlike the Borg transport.

*phew* Now on to what I thought...

I agree with earlier points about the slow assimilation process. I was expecting the Tarkalian's (spelling?) apperance to change drastically from when we first saw them on the biobed, to when they were blown out into space.

My major problem, though, is that the Enterprise wasn't cut up like a christmas turkey. The borg had 3 days to modify the transport before they left. That would mean that they'd have plenty of time to salvage any borg weaponry from the sphere. If the sphere's weapons could wreak havoc with 24th century ships, why didn't Enterprise's hull plating fail on the first shot?

Oh, and weren't all the drones transported to the Enterprise - E? Why were there survivors on the sphere?

Given these above points, I thought the episode was well executed. The music was excellent, and truly accented the fear and genuine danger involved throughout.

If nothing, this episode gives a glimpse (albeit a small one), of the potential that this series has, and I believe this episode was a step in the right direction.

P.S. Can you spot the saucer section of the Enterprise E's model jutting out of the snow?[/colorost_uid0]

Bears are crazy, they\'ll bite your head off if you\'re wearing steak on it.