View Single Post
Old 11-13-2004, 04:39 AM
13th Lord of Kobol

Location: In the hearts and minds of my followers. And maybe Mount Olympus.

I wasn't saying I was in support of abortion, but I'm not going to deny it to someone. I don't see it as right to push your beliefs on anyone, religiously or morally or lawfully. That's why I'm against the gay marriage ban and against banning abortion, but I do support controlling abortion. Anyway, back to not pushing beliefs. That's why I don't let religious people in when they knock on my door; if I wanted to hear about it, I'd go to their church. (which I would never do, since I see the only difference between "religion" and "cult" to be your tax-exempt status.)

Oh, and unless this is just something your preacher told you, please give me a quote or other supporting evidence from the Bible that contraception is wrong or goes against God...or whatever. There are more reasons to use contraception, like condoms, than just preventing pregnancy. I would never deny myself protection just because someone told me that the world's ultimate imaginary friend said I shouldn't. That's foolish. And yes, that was also a really bitchy thing to say,but, I mean, look at my avatar. I'm one pissed off cat.

Oh,and I just read anothertrekprof's post. Ya know, I suppose I hadn't totally considered that. It's DNA is unique. But until a certain point, it's still just a clump of cells, correct? Without it's mother, it would die, there's no argument on that. And in that way, rather than being a separate organism, it's simply a foreign growth. I'd call it a parasite, if that word didn't have negative connotations. So, anyway, in a sense, it still is her body.
Tarn-Vedra: Yeah.
FiveMinZeke: That does explain why I'm drinking Earl Grey right now....
Tarn-Vedra: Don't forget to tug the front of your shirt, Jean.