View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 09:17 AM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

If I may draw up our conclusions:
- Abortion is a Bad Thing
- Contraception may well be a Bad Thing
- But in the long run, Contraception is less of a Bad Thing than Abortion.
- Far improved sex ed and other attempts to stem the tide of abortions would be a Good Thing
- Abortion should perhaps only be used when a mother's life is in danger
- Edmund Mortimer was Warwick the Kingmaker (or vice versa) - sorry, obscure reference, that.
If I could just say, abortion is meant to be both physically and mentally harrowing for the mother, and that the foetus is thrown away like common garbage. Also, in Britain, the Daily Telegraph recently uncovered that a "charity" which was actively supported by our NHS was encouraging women to go out to Spain, to a clinic where they could have children terminated after the twenty-four week limit. This is illegal in Spain as well. Also, I believe that the twenty-six week limit on children who perhaps have something like downs syndrome is wrong, because just because they are less able than others doesnt mean they're less people. Also, if you carryon down this path, you get to genetic perfection and correcting peoples DNA and stuff like that which it is VERY tricky to claim is right.
oh, and Xeroc, I think you meant o-e spelling on foetus - it's from a greek word (I think) which is why it has the dipthong. The reason I don't accept american spellings is that the British spellings show the roots of the words. American spellings do not as they are, if you will excuse me saying this, "mis-spelt" - they do not show the origins of themselves. :wink:
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!