View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
So my high opinion of the Ninth Doctor is unsullied by whatever Eccleston's been doing or not doing since, and I'm still disappointed that his run was so brief.
You definitely have the right attitude. I think I'm slightly more likely to be annoyed with CE for the very reason I wanted to see more of his Doctor. (Trek is an ensemble show, so CE's quitting the show and not promoting it seems to loom large to me.) The consolation has been my enjoyment of the Tenth, but I'd gladly have put that off to have seen another season or two of the Ninth. Oh well. You're right though. The important thing is, CE busted his ass to make the Ninth Doctor fascinating, conflicted and tragic.

Fair Haven was Mulgrew's idea? I'll bet the whole thing with Da Vinci was too. Man, Voyager shouldn't have even had a holodeck for all the things they did wrong with it... (though the episodes with the Hirogen worked). I mean, they're standing around a holodeck pool hall talking about how they've had to ration energy resources?