View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 10:13 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Discovery won't be ready for a May premiere

Also they've cast somebody as Sarek, and actual production on the show is only starting now.

Also supposedly the premiere date is flexible since the show is being broadcast on All Access. Oh yeah, it's not like you have to coordinate the broadcast of the pilot on CBS or anything (oh, wait...) and it's not like the show is the flagship of All Access (oh, wait...)

There is no official release date now

I am excited that Nicholas Meyer is involved.

The casting of a guy who studies fungus in space confuses me. Even if they've thought of sufficient story possibilities for this, it seems like a job focus that is too narrow for a starship. Maybe a planet that's covered in fungus that can be used for a practical purpose, but not a starship. Can't they just call him an exobotanist or something?

I'm getting concerned at the size of the cast. We've got officers from two ships, AND Sarek, AND three Klingons. I know that some of these will be recurring, but I just don't see the Deep Space Nine-style of balancing act even being attempted these days.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.