View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 04:19 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by persianmouse
^^Star Trek: Enterprise.....but ONLY the fifth season.
Let me see if I understand you correctly.* You want me to write virtual ENT fivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
I think the best ones would be the Original Originals, The earliest Voyager fivers that you first put up. Those (if you even still have them) would be worth one heck of a lot more than what you're putting up now.
The first fiver I did on paper was "Q2." I was foolish enough to throw out a lot -- probably most -- of those early ones. It'll take some digging to find any from that period that I still have.

I was thinking mostly of current stuff. The big advantage to that is that right now I'm doing a lot of fivers for the big June event, which means anyone who buys one now will also be the first non-staffer to read it. Also, I write longer these days.

Quote:
I mean, this site is famous! Look at Wikipedia!
Wikipedia is quite literally a poor man's fame. And while I'm delighted to be in there, any day now I'm expecting the entry to be challenged because 5MV isn't important enough for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arzosah
Personally, I'd love to buy one, but then there'd be shipping and no doubt other stuff that somebody will figure out an excuse for adding to the price.
There is no "somebody." I'd be mailing these out personally, so the only person who could possibly try to bilk you is me. And yes, the buyer would cover shipping, just as in any online purchase I've ever heard of.

You, Arzosah, may be interested to hear that I know for a fact I have at least one Andromeda fiver on paper. It's one from S2, still unpublished for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by **nrb
Personally, I'd love Shockwave. It was the first Fiver I ever read, and is still (in my opinion) one of the funniest ones on the site.
That one I may still have. I distinctly remember doing at least parts of Part II on paper.

Quote:
But if we're talking whole seasons here...well...that's a tough call...
On the other hand, I can guarantee I have nothing resembling a whole season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Jane
VOYAGER!
Funny you should bring that up. I happen to have a new, unpublished VOY fiver from Season 4 in my clipboard right now. You guys wanna start with that one? If there's interest, I'll make an auction thread.

* ..."Commander."

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction