Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2016, 05:32 PM
You just activated his Trek card

I just made my periodic pilgrimage to Old Man Murray's Start to Crate pages (which apparently I haven't shilled for in this forum yet). This gave me an idea for another theme day.

Early Internet Day!

By "early Internet", I mean the early 2000s, the days when audio-visual components are sparse or nonexistent, when pages were strictly text and images. Ah, the joys of dialup. I'm not including any video sites since I did a Newgrounds roundup recently and that seems to have it covered.

As If! Before Yu-gi-oh The Abridged Series existed, there was DarkGatomon writing MST's of Yu-gi-oh episodes. She was one of my earliest net friends, along with you guys and the gang over at the original h2g2.com

The Book of Ratings. This one's so old the actual page doesn't exist anymore and I had to bookmark the Wayback Machine version. It's just a bunch of funny lists in the Cracked or Seanbaby genre.

Computer Stupidities. Yeah, I shilled for this one in this very thread back in 2008, but eight years must be enough for statues of limitations to expire. It's still funny and I encourage a rummaging around of the rest of Rinkworks as well.

All Too Flat. I could've sworn I've mentioned this site in the forum before, but the search function is coming up empty. Odd. Anyway, back in the day a bunch of New York college kids collected a bunch of funny stuff and engaged in various pranks. Among my favorite entries are locking a stuffed lion in an empty gym speaker cage, turning New York's Astor Cube sculpture into the world's largest Rubik's Cube, and labeling everything in an apartment with Post-It Notes.

The Voyager Coronary. If you want straight-up bonkers Trek fanfiction where anything and everything can happen, people from any Trek series can show up, and every Trek trope will be skewered, look no further.

Delta Blues. No elaboration necessary. Jim always deserves a mention whenever a related subject is mentioned. I just wish he would take the time to do the last few Voyager Season 7 episodes.

The Cynic's Corner. If Jim plays "good cop" for Voyager episodes, David E. Sluss plays "bad cop". If he didn't have such good arguments, he'd be annoying. But he always has a point and defends his opinions, so you can't hate him. He also covers a bit of Enterprise, DS9, and Andromeda.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.