View Single Post
Old 04-29-2004, 03:09 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Agreed, great episode. It was a little all over the map in terms of plot, but for once that worked and didn't come across as incoherent. The only part I thought was a stretch was Trip ranting at Degra -- it's perfectly in character for him to [iost_uid0]want[/iost_uid0] to, but Trip's got enough discipline to save it for a more appropriate time. Degra is their only chance of saving Earth, and Trip knows that.

Unlike what seems to be the typical reaction, I wasn't too affected by Trip's final breakdown. In fact, the main thought going through my head was that T'Pol was the absolute last person on the ship qualified to counsel him about handling emotions. [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] did have me on the point of tears recently, though, with the brutal attack on the ship in "Azati Prime." It still hurts every time I see those crewmen getting sucked into space in the previouslies.

Random observation: anyone remember the last time a Trek ship lost 18 crew in one attack? It was the [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0]-D in "Q Who?", when the Borg basically used an apple corer on the ship.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction