View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Derek"]Not really. Where were the Andorians in TNG/DS9/VOY? Where were the Tellarites in those series? A number of TOS characters never showed up in later series (until ENT), so why should Xindi be so different?[/quoteost_uid0]

Point taken, but then, I never liked this kind of run on new species before. A stray Tellarite or Andorian (heck, not even a speaking part, just an extra) for flavour wouldn't have hurt. It also bears some examination whether they were at least mentioned in one of the newer series, seeing how they are supposed to be two of the founding members of the Federation. If they are not, I guess the Xindi strangeness is not alone, but just because it's been done before doesn't mean I like it.

Gatac, who asks: Why bother with a new species when you've got dozens we never saw in detail?

(PS: To me, it also stretches credibility somewhat that Xindi are so important that a couple of them manage to be on the Federation flagship. Either it's a fluke or they're quite numerous statistically, which again collides with us never seeing or hearing about them before.)[/colorost_uid0]

- d02 Quotes