View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 07:28 AM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Holy shiznit, somebody cranked the "engaging" knob way past the safe levels. Had me on the edge of my seat.

So there's reason to T'Pol's madness? Praise the Powers That Be, and pray they manage to make it work. My hopes are a bit higher after this. For some reason, I really liked the delivery of her line in the ready room when she said something to the effect of "When they need me, they'll call." I don't know why, it's not really that important to the plot, but the delivery - something about it sparked. On a slightly negative note, though, having her cry perhaps wasn't the best thing to do even with a masterplan behind it.

Now forgive me if I'm being blasphemic, but the future segment was the weakest link for me. Daniels looked downright silly, and I'm not so sure about the Enterprise-J. Perhaps they simply shouldn't have shown a schematic, since having one pisses off fans on both sides of the lineage discussion. I, for example, would have liked something more organic-looking, others may have liked this one. Also, there are lots of neat [fan] designs for future ships - anybody else think that this would have made a really nice contest? (Submit your design for the Enterprise-J!) Also, I'm still wary about the retroactive insertion of the Xindi into this future timeline. If there's still enough Xindi to go around that some are in Starfleet (heck, the dialogue implies there are *multiple* Xindi on the Enterprise alone), how come we never saw them? I'm sure you can rationalise it away somehow, but the writers really shot themselves in the foot here.

Also, lots of past references. I cringed a bit whenever they talked about Carpenter Street, but I admit it made sense. I'm willing to say "Yeah, kids, it's continuity."

Overall, two thumbs up.

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes