Thread: Batman Begins
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 12:54 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Ouchy. Look at me, trying to be all Mr. Wizard. Good thing I'm a civil engineer and not an electrical, huh?

As for Spidey dunking the fusion machine, I assume we were meant to assume that either:

A: The reaction required atmospheric oxygen, so the water smothered it.
or
B: The water cools down the reaction below a critical level.

I'm okay with either. Face facts, gents, Spidey needs to save the world. At this point in the movie everyone wants to look at MJ in a soaked sun dress, not Doc Ock in a torn trenchcoat. We need something that looks dramatic, and underwater implosions are always dramatic.

You'll forgive ENT anything? Talk about a can of worms! I thought guys like Sternbach and Okuda were around to ensure that everything was consistent. You could make just a few tweaks to the premise of Enterprise and fit PERFECTLY into established Trek canon. Did they bother? No, they did not. If you want one reason why Enterprise failed, I'll present it: the creators underestimated how much the fans have paid attention to the backstory and reference materials that have already been published as "official canon" and thought that Star Trek needs to have a ship named Enterprise to be successful. Both premises were false, but this is spinning off into another topic.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.