View Single Post
Old 11-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Future's so bright ya gotta wear shades

Send a message via AIM to MmeBlueberry Send a message via Yahoo to MmeBlueberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
(I don't take an absolute extreme position on abortion, but I'm as close as anyone generally gets: I feel it should be illegal unless the mother's life is in danger.
I wonder if you would feel the same if you could actually get pregnant...and don't say you would because you have no idea if you would or not. You would want your view to be the same, but I suspect if the situation ever came up, and you were pregnant and REALLY didn't want to be, you would feel somewhat different.

Personally I don't think men should have the right to decide anything about abortion. That is unbelievable controversial I know, but to me thats like letting someone from, say France, who knows f*** all about America, be president.
Arguments don't have gender; people do. The fact that Zeke is a man has nothing to do with the arguments he puts forth. In fact, wouldn't it make sense to assume that Zeke's argument is actually more objective since he's not as personally close to the issue? Also, a man is required to make a pregnancy happen. And men pay tax dollars that fund abortions, and men are responsible for rearing children they've fathered that aren't aborted. Basically, it doesn't make sense to say that you won't listen to an opinion just because of who it comes from. No, we wouldn't let a Frenchman be President of the US, but that doesn't mean the Frenchman's opinion on who should be President is inherently wrong, does it?

If you still think he shouldn't have a say, then I'll say I agree with him, and I have a uterus to go along with my opinion.