View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 08:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to marplanauta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Masturbation, no. At that point nothing has happened. At conception, however, the foetus (and this is the correct spelling, damn it :P) has been started. Of the seven scientific requirements for a being to be deemed alive, at least one is being fulfilled:growth. If you don't agree on these grounds, think of it like this: Think how many great minds could have been destroyed by now by abortion. We could have had people who proved Einstein wrong, or any number of geniuses, but we've killed them off. Just a thinking point there.
What i mean is, if you take your argument to the extreme, is the same with masturbation. Is sound silly, but extremes sound silly. And I believe that banning all abortions is an extreme. (sorry for not spelling right foetus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
1) November the 11th is the date of Armistice day - it marks the end of the First World War. There are two minutes of silence (certainly in Britain) to remember the dead. On the nearest Sunday there is a mass and ceremony at the local memorial, and at the cenotaph in London, to remember those who died both in World War I and in all conflicts which have happened since. therefore it is a very important date to be revered and kept, even if you aren't of a religious persuasion.
Oh I respect that. So, tomorrow i will keep two minutes of silence for all those who have died in WWI, WWII, and especially for all the british and argentinian who have died in the 1982 Falklands/Malvinas conflict.