Thread: February 13
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2004, 12:31 AM
Seeing what's out there
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Just like in the Life of Brian: "Yes, we are all individuals!" [/quoteost_uid0]

There was a similar joke in an old Hagar the Horrible cartoon in which he's sitting in a tavern drinking beer and muttering that the current state of civilization depresses him. He then pounds the table with his fist and declares that "The Vikings are the last independent men left on Earth!" All around him, dozens of other Vikings with beer mugs pound their tables with their fists and shout "Yeah! Yeah!" in agreement.

The reference to the Section 31 anti-Founder virus and to Voyager's "Child's Play" almost didn't make it into the fiver because I didn't notice the parallels with the paradox virus until I was halfway through the episode. Come to think of it, I completely forgot about Janeway's anti-Species 8472 bioweapon, or the anti-Borg virus in "Infinite Regress," or the anti-Borg virus at the end of "Endgame." (Sheesh, who would have guessed that Voyager would play so often with biowarfare in its storylines?)[/colorost_uid0]