View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Infinitely prolonged

Time to give my two cents (three cents Canadian).

You make a lot of good points, Nate. Having seen the movie, I will readily admit that it's far from perfect. There are especially problems when the movie interacts with Prime Trek. The decisions they made in the new timeline don't bother me too much, but things that happen in the Prime timeline don't seem to match up with established canon (or logic for that matter, and Spock's the one telling what happened...)

But despite all the problems with the movie, I love it! For me, this movie is the first time the original series crew and their world seems real and relatable for me. I really enjoy the characters, I really like the Enterprise, and I just like the movie.

Now, this may be a sign of weakness on me part. Perhaps if I was a better person, I'd be satisfied with the original Trek. It may be a sign of the decadence of modern life that I don't enjoy things as much without expensive production values, neat special effects and copious lens flares.

I admire those of you who really liked the Original Series. But for me, TOS never appealed to me as much as the other Trek series (what's the plural of series anyway? seriess? series's? series? ) shows did. It was an enjoyable diversion, but never something I could really get into. This movie is.

So there are my thoughts on the matter. There are a number of problems with the movie, but I really like it anyway, and I'm looking forward to sequels.

I think that hyperlink's broken, Sa'ar. I keep clicking on it and nothing happens.

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>

Last edited by Tate; 03-03-2010 at 09:17 PM.