View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 03:04 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Vulcans believe in traditions. What they don't believe in is illogical things like rebuilding ruins and pretending that they're the originals. That's simply absurd.

All Vulcans don't go through Kolinar training. It's basically extra credit that some Vulcans do to make themselves feel like they're better Vulcans. And I'll fully concede that different Vulcans have different levels of emotional control. Just look at young Tuvok.

If there are fundamental design flaws in a starship, it is more efficient to start over with a new ship. When warp drive started damaging subspace, they didn't replace the E-D's nacelle pylons with the bendable kind because that would've taken years to do this, and it would've reduced the E-D's top speed to a crawl anyway. They added a warp speed limit to current ships and fixed the problem in their future ships.

However, the current ships in the warp speed limit era were not all called back to base for a complete top-to-bottom redesign. The Enterprise refit between TOS and TMP is because every piece of technology had been rendered obsolete, and let's face it, Kirk pushed the ship too hard and Scotty broke every design standard achieving his miracles.

Making a ship, ANY ship, smaller is simply ridiculous! Trash it and move on to the Enterprise A twenty years early!

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.