View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
I have a Who question too. I haven't been able to get my hands on the first two regular Tenth Doctor episodes, just the ones after. Are the first two standalone enough that I can go ahead and watch the others, or is it important that I see them first?
The short answer is yes, they are standalone -- the first two episodes don't set up anything that affects the rst of the season as I've seen it so far (but I've only seen up through Idiot's Lantern). Most of the Tenth Doctor characterization you need was done in Christmas Invasion. The Torchwood set-up in episode 2 is important for -- well, for Torchwood set-up, but if that comes into play at all in series 2 (as opposed to the separate series of Torchwood) I'm willing to bet that it will affect only the last few episodes, the way that all the "Bad Wolf" setup mainly affected the last two episodes last season.

And you do need to see School Reunion, Girl in the Fireplace, and the Cybermen episodes. (Those four hang together mainly because it's a story arc for one of the recurring characters.)

...plus in the Cybermen episodes you get two Goblet of Fire actors for the price of one...