View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 02:36 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

See, my only problem is that this wasn't really an episode of the series. Don't get me wrong, I loved it too, but Trek's AU episodes have worked because they were still based on "our" characters and their reactions to weird new realities. Even the biowhatever clones in "Course: Oblivion" were based on the VOY crew in every sense but the physical, so watching them taught us something about the characters. The mirror universe is so exaggerated, so far removed from our world, that the characters we saw this week tell us nothing about the real ones. With only five episodes of Enterprise left, it's a shame that two are being spent on a different ship and crew.

(Angel ran into this problem in Season 4. Everybody loves Angelus, but in order for him to be around, Angel can't be. That wasn't a big deal on BVS; on Angel, however, the main character of the show was supposed to be, you know, on it. The episodes were still great, but they felt like a side trip sometimes.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction