View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 01:39 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hang on, mudshark, you can waste your time here but not see Enterprise episodes? Priorities, priorities!

Otherwise, I must agree that it was a darned good episode. Can't say I liked it as much as [iost_uid0]Azati Prime[/iost_uid0] or [iost_uid0]Damage[/iost_uid0], but Trip finally dealing with his sister's death was quite good. The possibility of an actual relationship developing between Trip and T'Pol (rather than the shameless UPN-style ratings grabs we've seen) is quite intriguing.

However, I thought the whole plasma leak was basically, in whatever-his-name-is's words, action filler. Of course, that's what I thought about all of [iost_uid0]Impulse[/iost_uid0] and look where that's taken us. And we do have the unresolved issue of Reed's time in the hospital as a result of that.

I also thought Degra's sudden betrayal of his people unrealistic for a man of his obvious caliber. But then, I also found his initial embracement of the weapon project wildly unrealistic after seeing him in [iost_uid0]Stratagem[/iost_uid0]. I mean, destroying a world without proof? I can see it from the reptilians or the insectoids, or even the aquatics, but from Degra? Come on, only a monster could bring himself to do this thing, and we've seen Degra not to be a monster. So which is it?

But this was all made up for in Trip's very good performance throughout the dead crewman crisis. I especially liked the in-your-face dream sequence. Very like Trip, and much better than [iost_uid0]Birthright, Part I[/iost_uid0].

The Damage is also very, very cool. To follow up Zeke's [iost_uid0]Azati Prime[/iost_uid0] comments, I would [bost_uid0]love[/bost_uid0] to get a copy of the soundtrack of that episode and/or season. TrekConnection just doesn't seem to meet my needs anymore, and I'm really missing Star Trek in Sound and Vision.[/colorost_uid0]