View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Valium, I've officially lost all hope of you and me ever seeing eye to eye on the quality of stuff. There's very little I enjoy more than a Sherlock Holmes story.
lol. I suppose it was a little harsh, Shelock Holmes isn't known as a classic for nothing....
But I have to say, it's not really my cup of tea. I'm more a Agatha Christie fan. I say 'more-of', I mean totally! I think she's fantastic! I love her stories, I think they're first class. I really love the idea she has of 'Playing Fair' - by giving the reader the clues they need to solve the crime.
To be honest, I think she is one of the best writers in the world ever. And her booksales are not to be taken lightly - 2nd best selling author ever, after Shakespeare (And in my humble opinion - I think he's totally crap! Dull writing and almost no relevence to today's world!) and usually first best selling in a country (i.e. France).
Go Go Christie!
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------