View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 08:36 PM
You just activated his Trek card

I never suggested a survey of:

"Would you like to be killed as part of an effort to ensure the survival of the human race by lessening the demand for natural resources?"

That's idiotic. I was just suggesting that heat death will create centuries of people miserable for their entire lifetimes. That's not humane.

Let the problem sort itself out? How do you anticipate that working out? That's what I meant by heat death. The gap between rich and poor will get bigger and bigger if current trends continue. What do you propose as a solution for this? A law that says, "the salaries and benefits given to senior management of corporations can be no more than X percent of the net annual profit of the corporation. Everything else has to be spread out amongst all of the employees." Good luck getting that one passed. How about the United Nations doing something along the lines of a global minimum wage? Uh, yeah, right.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.