View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]A few months ago, there was a thread (I think in the Fivers forum) in which several Star Trek books got dumped on pretty heavily. (And rightfully so! :smile But anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a thread for the other end of the spectrum. So I'm wondering, what are your favorite Star Trek/Star Wars/other sci-fi books? Which authors do you think should be nominated for a Hugo or Pulitzer? Feel free to tell us what we're missing out on. Please.

My favorite Star Trek novels are [iost_uid0]How Much For Just the Planet?[/iost_uid0] by John Ford, [iost_uid0]The Wounded Sky[/iost_uid0] and [iost_uid0]My Enemy, My Ally[/iost_uid0] by Diane Duane, and [iost_uid0]Infiltrator[/iost_uid0] by I think Wesley Thompson. All of these books are well-written, the plots are solid, the characters are fleshed out, and all the novels (particularly Ford's) are very funny. They're always fun to read.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs