Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 02:50 AM
You just activated his Trek card

I was in the mood for some Trek filk songs that I'd never heard before...

Space Shanty. TNG songs are a bit rarer than TOS ones.
Enterprise. I thought I'd already heard all of the Julia Ecklar ones, but I guess not...
Call the Navigator. I hold fan creators to higher standards when it comes to canon, and it's inexcusable to call flame gems Aldebaran and not Spican. (In Enterprise flame gems (two words) come from Rigel). (As it turns out Spica is a real star in the constellation of Virgo. And that's the Amazing Thing That I Learned Today).
For The Need of the One. Another Ecklar contribution, and another example of fans caring about deep lore. She uses the word "T'hy'a", which in Vulcan means friend/brother/lover and comes from the STTMP novelization.
Mineral Rights. I never expected a musical retelling of "Devil in the Dark."
All About That Borg. My favorite "All About That Bass" parody is still the Pokemon-themed "Spinning Round That Bass", but this one is okay too.
Eternal Loser. A ballad by Kirk dedicated to his women.
Eternal Loser. You don't encounter the same filk song being covered by more than one singer very often, but this one was. Which one do you like more?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.