Thread: Link Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 02:43 AM
You just activated his Trek card

For some reason I'm in a Chip 'n Dale mood today.

The original by The Jets. I first heard this one during a Magical World of Disney (okay, at the time was probably the Disney Sunday Movie) episode that was shilling the upcoming show.

The actual episode. I forgot that Carol Channing was on the show!

And the music video. Too...much...'80s!

I never knew about this alternate version of the theme, but I can see why they went with the Jets instead.

The cover from the recent show. I don't know how to feel about this one, there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm in the voice and it's a bit too slow. Hip hop should never feel slow.

Can someone explain to me why making a song stutter and adding a drum track is supposed to improve a song?

Jonathan Young strikes again. I didn't know he could play the keytar. I like how the sparkly synth balances the drum.

On a church organ. Now this is transforming a song to match the instrument while still keeping the heart.

A full orchestra almost makes the theme sound cinematic

Like I'd skip the Coo-Coo Cola theme in a post like this

Have I really not posted Of Mice and Mayhem yet? It's a very good webcomic continuation of the show that's able to go a bit darker while still keeping the heart of the show.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.