Thread: August 8
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 05:02 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default August 8

So, with CW over, what lies ahead for 5M? (Hmm... that acronym isn't working as well as I thought yet.) Here's a run-down of my immediate plans for the site.
    [*]The most important thing that needs doing is post-event cleanup. During the event, I simply blasted the content out and didn't bother with details like back/forward links; I'll be taking care of those now that the pressure's off. A bigger problem is that v4.0 remains in an in-between state, with some fivers inaccessible and some subsites not even there. I won't be able to really overhaul the PHP till September, but I'll at least patch things up a bit.[*]Speaking of v4.0, you'll recall that the images we're currently using are only temporary. Dan Carlson and I will be working on the new ones over the coming weeks; believe me, when you see what Dan can do, you won't miss my stopgap images.[*]There may or may not be subsite events in August, but there will definitely be fivers. I have several in progress, and there are many, many guest fivers waiting in the wings. One of my first goals is to get a good start on the much-requested Season 4 of Enterprise.[*]I've had a new idea for making some money through 5M. I think this one will work better than the signed-fivers thing; later this week I'll explain what it is.[*]Finally, the fifth-anniversary article is still coming, it's just taking a bit longer than I thought.[/list]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction