View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 03:02 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudshark View Post
There must be a way to manage it, though, and then you may have your series premise. Has there ever been one before in which the main character gets murdered every week? It'd be sort of Quantum Victim, or something.
...I think we've come back to The Goon Show again. Granted, Bulebottle didn't get 'deaded' every episode, but it happened pretty often, and Neddie was usually the one responsible for it.

The best ideas are already long done, it's only how you present them that matters (take a bow, Shakespeare, you huge show-off you). People need to be shown something they never did see before, and Trek did that for a while, and then didn't, and then did start to again but was canned anyway (because in TV, money comes before stories almost every time). Even having made my own suggestion, I don't honestly think that it matters much what the premise of a new show would be as long as the hands that guide it and the faces that tell it manage to show us something we never did see before. That's what made Trek big, back in the day - Roddenberry tapped into our collective sense of wonder and what-if in a way that has been lacking in the last few years. It can be that again, if only the right person can find their way into doing it.

Someone, like, say, Aaron Sork--

*Is clubbed by a piano*
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants