View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 08:31 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I quite liked this one.

The pacing was nicely done, and I wasn't bothered nearly as much by the [iost_uid0]Star Trek VI[/iost_uid0] parallels as some people seem to have been (possibly because I've seen that movie neither often nor recently.)

Some observations:

- J.G. Hertzler was a pleasure to watch (and hear), as always. Especially liked the Kolos/Archer exchanges in the mines:

Kolos: You are a [iost_uid0]fool![/iost_uid0]
Archer: You're welcome.

Kolos: Are all humans like this?
Archer: What, fair?
Kolos: [iost_uid0]Stupid![/iost_uid0]

I thought the final scene with Kolos and the long pullaway to him going back to work was extremely effective (sniff!)

- Some of the exchanges between Kolos and the prosecuting Advocate were very good, and I thought the Magistrate very impressive.

- Did anyone notice not only a physical resemblance between this Duras and the TNG one, but also some mannerisms, especially in speech rhythms? Nice touch.

Yes, there were little things like the absence of explanation of how Archer came to be in custody and the rushing through the rescue at the end, but there's only so much time, and to have made a two-parter of it would probably have involved enough padding to blunt the impact of what we did get. I can live with this one as it is, and think it's one of the best, so far.[/colorost_uid0]