View Single Post
Old 04-10-2003, 02:14 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I was impressed. The episode seemed very tight. There wasn't much dead time and the pacing was good. I felt like I had watched more than just 40 minutes.

I loved the [iost_uid0]Star Trek VI[/iost_uid0] references. I thought they were great. It was great seeing the Klingon judgment room and the mines at Rura Penthe. I liked the way the judge said "The penalty of death is commuted." in a manner not unlike the movie. There were a lot of good homages, and yet the episode wasn't a ripoff of the movie.

Another thing that really, [iost_uid0]really[/iost_uid0] impressed me was the discussion of Klingon culture and its parallels of today. There is a definite difference between TOS Klingons and TNG/DS9/VOY Klingons. TOS were more devious and not as blatantly war-like as their later counterparts. It was nice seeing ENT heralding that change as it came down the line. But I was also impressed with the way the writers were able to make a few comments about today's society while they made comments about Klingon society. This episode was Star Trek.

I don't know where I'd rank this episode, but it's high. Not as good as Dead Stop (my current favorite), but better than The Andorian Incident.[/colorost_uid0]