Thread: Block 18
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 03:12 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Morpheus: There were five before you.
Neo: What happened to them?
Morpheus: They burned down, fell over and sank into the swamp.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]^ :lol: This is a great one.

Well, since Zeke already stole my planned Potential joke, I'll have to try something else....

[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] What did the Oracle tell you?
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] I don't know. Something something shanshu something apocalypse. I kinda zoned out and made up the prophecy about the One.

[bost_uid0]Potential:[/bost_uid0] Remember the important truth: There is no spoon.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] That sounds like its liable to get me killed.
[bost_uid0]Potential:[/bost_uid0] I hope so. I'm one of the next ones on the list to be the One.

And just to beat a dead horse one more time...

[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] I can only show you the door. You have to go through it.
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] And meet the powers that be?
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] No, moron, the Oracle. Pay attention.

(So I've been watching a lot of Buffy and Angel recently.)

Anyway, my vote so far goes to Standback. I'm revising it since I don't like the anagram joke. Not that I really like my own, but here goes.

[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] So what did the Oracle tell you?
[bost_uid0]Morpheus:[/bost_uid0] She told me I would stop slapping people with fishes.
[bost_uid0]Boy:[/bost_uid0] She told me there is no spoon.
[bost_uid0]Trinity:[/bost_uid0] She said that I--
[bost_uid0]Neo:[/bost_uid0] Shush, Trin. Can't you see the boy's telling me about his spoon?[/colorost_uid0]